Thrill-seekers, families young and old and foodies will all absolutely adore a holiday to the coastal resort of Woolacombe in North Devon.
Located in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the village is situated in the mouth of a valley and nestled against the backdrop of dramatic cliffs, meaning the scenery that surrounds you will be sure to take your breath away. The village itself has plenty of things to see and do, including modern bars, top-class eateries and, of course, the award-winning beach, where adrenalin-junkies can enjoy a spot of surfing and other water sports.
A holiday here will also put you in a fantastic location to explore all of North Devon’s wonders, including: the sensational coastline, interspersed by glorious sandy beaches and coastal paths; the busy harbour towns, where independent boutiques sell fascinating trinkets and titbits; and the quaint fishing villages where donkeys walk cobbled streets.
If Woolacombe is tickling your travel tastebuds, check out our Local's Guide to Woolacombe and discover the best this popular village has to offer.
Read on to find out why a stay in a Woolacombe holiday park is perfect for you.
Why choose a holiday park?
Simply put: you have everything you need in one place.
On-site entertainment keeps the kids (and big kids!) amused during the days and nights, activities such as swimming pools, crazy golf and even cinemas are all on hand to while away some time, while facilities including shops, pubs and restaurants are all on hand to fulfil all your wants and needs.
There’s also the lack of worry when it comes to ensuring your whole party is together, as could be the case when booking hotel rooms, because you can ensure you’re booking accommodation that can fit all of you in!
When it comes to choosing holiday lodges in Devon, Woolacombe has a great selection of holiday parks. This includes those which are perfect for surfers, for young, energetic families and even those who crave a quintessential countryside camping trip.
Read on to find out why holiday parks in Woolacombe could result in the perfect holiday for you…
Top Woolacombe holiday parks:
Woolacombe Bay Holiday Park & Spa
- Overview: With the beach right on the doorstep, Woolacombe Bay Holiday Park is an ideal place for a family holiday by the sea. With fantastic accommodation, spa facilities and activities including zorbing, indoor and outdoor pools and a Segway safari, everyone in your will be entertained on their holiday.
- Location: Right by the sea. You’ll have views overlooking the stunning sands of Woolacombe Beach, which is within easy walking distance.
- Perfect for: Those who love the coast. You’ll be right by the beach, with an on-site surf school and equipment at your disposal. There’s also surf-themed accommodation housed within the park’s Surf Village.
- Dog-friendly: Yes
More details: Woolacombe Bay Holiday Park & Spa
Golden Coast Holiday Park
- Overview: An all-action holiday park, Golden Coast has some fantastic adrenalin-inducing facilities. The EX34 Sports Complex houses an exhilarating Surfing Simulator, climbing wall and high ropes course, while there’s also a bungee trampoline and adventure golf – great fun for all!
- Location: At the top of the hill, just before you head down into the lovely village of Woolacombe. There is a bus down to the village and the beach though, so don’t worry about having to walk!
- Perfect for: Young and active families. Enjoy the Surfing Simulator and the all-weather sports complex, as well as three miles of Woolacombe Beach and its surf-perfect waves, just down the road.
- Dog-friendly: Yes
More details: Golden Coast Holiday Park
Twitchen House Holiday Park
- Overview: Tucked away in the trees above Woolacombe, Twitchen House Holiday Park is a fantastic location for a naturistic experience. There are plenty of nature trails around the park, connecting to the beach below, while there are also various on-site wildlife activities; pond dipping, bug hunts and geocaching, to name but three.
- Location: High above Woolacombe, you get the best of both coast and country, with woodland trails leading down to the picturesque beach below.
- Perfect for: Families who want to get back to nature. The park is hidden away in the trees, with footpaths leading through the countryside to the sea, and on-site wildlife activities and bushcraft survival skills.
- Dog-friendly: Yes
More details: Twitchen House Holiday Park
Easewell Farm Holiday Park
- Overview: Ideally placed for exploring the scenic South West Coast Path which runs through the park, Easewell Farm is a site dedicated to touring and camping – meaning it’s perfect if you’re after a traditional coastal camping experience! Enjoy the nine-hole golf course with sea views or, for the younger guests, burn off some energy on the outdoor adventure play area.
- Location: Slightly around the coast, close to Mortehoe. Nestled in glorious countryside, you’ll also have the South West Coast Path on your doorstep.
- Perfect for: Those looking for a traditional campsite experience. The park is a haven of peace and tranquillity, with jaw-dropping views over the surrounding countryside and coastline.
- Dog-friendly: Yes
More details: Easewell Farm Holiday Park
All four of the above sites are a part of Woolacombe Bay Holiday Parks, and a stay at one means you get to enjoy the facilities at any of the other parks. There’s even a bus that can take you between them all, and to the beach!
Whether you’re looking to travel with your family, with friends or as a couple, Woolacombe is a wonderful destination for a holiday. Don’t just take our word for it, though – take a look at our dedicated page to Woolacombe, where we explain all the unique and wonderful things to be enjoyed during a stay in the village.